Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Ice cream corn

We got lost again. I'm not afraid to admit it. Well, I guess you could call in lost in translation, or lack thereof. A group of us decided to find a British Football pub that was supposed to be great for dinner and a good time, but after a subway ride, repeated failed attempts to convince taxi drivers (who we can't understand and vice versa) to take us there, and walking for blocks and blocks… we opted for the nearest restaurant to where we were standing. It happened to be good ole' KFC. It was definitely different than ours…. My cod sandwich was decent and the fries were fresh.

Earlier in the day, I needed a refreshing treat and went to the little store on campus for some ice cream. And what did I find—so fitting for an Indiana girl like me – but an ice cream popsicle that had corn on the wrapper. So, I decided to go for it and I actually enjoyed it. It had a cake cone covering that was imprinted to look like a real ear of corn with kernels, with ice cream inside. It really tasted like corn and was pretty great! See, it pays to try new things.

We had a meeting with the BOGOC people today and tried on uniforms. It is still pretty unclear what those of us working as photography assistants will be doing, but at least we've got an idea of our schedule now.

Lesson of the day: if at first you don't succeed, try and try again. We'll try again tomorrow.

1 comment:

veeveetate1 said...

C,

I don't get it, you guys have been there 3 or 4 days and all you want to do is American things. I could understand it if it were, say, a month into it. What gives? You only live once, when in Rome (or China) do as the Romans, you have your whole life to go to Walmart and sports bars.

Oh, and bring me back a live turtle.

G